Monday, August 25, 2008

SYDNEY DAY 6

Sorry for the Delay.

Yesterday I spent more tie roaming the city. looking for nothing in particular. Just killing time till I make my way to Fairfield to visit Mervin n Audrey. Shopping was on the top pf my list. Had to get something for 2 friends. He ordered it thru me to find in aus. One is dimethylglycine or DmG for short. It's a feel good pill (in the clean sense of the phrase). You can't get it in singapore and they have stopped manufacturing it here too. But just on the off chance that chemist might have some balanced stock, i'm to get it. I tried hunting for it in every chemist and drug store that i passed, nada. some never even heard of it and for those that have, they agree that you can't find it here in Oz anymore. The other thing is a kind of lycra leggings called SKINS. It's mostly used for runners but my colleauge wants to use it for work. it helps with blood circulation. And if it's that good, I might just try a pair. But i got to find it first. The one store he told me that stocks it is Rebel Store. I went to the one at world square but they only had stock of medium and small. nothing bigger. they asked thier other branches in the city by phone and they too had only the small and medium. Must be a rush of big sized guys clearing stock.

I wondered by QVB (Queen Victori Building) again and of course ended up inside. This time i went upstairs and lo-n-behold, a HOBBYCO. that's about another hour used. Came out with a box, couldn't help myself. bought the star destroyer from episode 3. It's pretty expensive back home and worse if i get it thru ebay. I thought it might fit in the backpack but no. Now i had to lug this long vertical bag around town. Lucky for me it was time to make my way west. I had planned to take the 1654 train from town hall but when i get there, there's news of trackwork. Town hall's platforms 1,2 n 3 were inop. everything was being shuffled thru platforms 4,5 n 6. So my train actualy was rescheduled to an earlier slot. I had to wait 25 fucking mins for the next one. That would make me late now. bugger. But when it finally came i realised it was more of a express line there. it stopped no more than 10 times before reaching Fairfield. I just slept all the way but not before memorising the route. didn't want to miss the stop or wake up and panic, not knowing where i was. But got there alright. and it was dark by then. Was told of a bus route. saw no buses. saw no one waiting for buses. so i took the easy way out, i cabbed it.

Getting there was ok. I remembered and picked out familiar landmarks on the way. Made sure the cabbie was taking me the scenic route. The church, the police station. not too long i was there. Didn't need the house address, i knew Mervin's garden from memory. It was good to see them but i was in for more of a supprise. Sheryl and husband Jamie were visiting. So was Darrel n wife Myla. Myla also had her mother, brother n his wife. There were also 3 other friends. There was a BIG group in that house. Audrey cooked standard chrissie food. Feng, Devil, Rendang, Pie, Roast pork, Turkey, only thing missing was the pickle. She says they normally cook like this whenever Darrel comes to visit cos that's the only time he gets to eat this kind of food. He resides up north, Rockhampton. Sheryl lives about 10mins drive away. I got to see Sheryl's son Jacob. He looks like a codeiro alright.

Getting out from that area would be difficult so i was offered to stay the night. Since all three rooms were already filled, they offered me the sofa cushions, blankets and a sleeping bag rated for -5 degrees. i took it cos it was only 9pm and getting bloody cold, even with Merv's heater blasting at max. We gossiped on family matters.All thru the night. Merv n me eneded up watching the closing ceremonies of the olympics and after that F1. He didn't make it all the way and went to sleep around lap 40. I stayed up and slept after Massa won. That sleeping bag was great. so cosy and warm i only woke up to the sound of planes overhead (Bossley Park is not far from bankstown airport). I ended up having leftover lunch there too and fianlly said my goodbyes around noon.

Went back to the rocks. bought a shitload of souveniers. Got some great buys for the house n mum. Also tried looking for an army surplus store. I asked at The Rocks visitor centre and a friendly guide named Joe told me that they have all but moved out. I found out that the left handed store was not located in hobart. to fucking far and too fucking cold. Did more wandering and ended back here in the cross. I'll go back to the hotel, pack a bit and might take tha camera for a last roam of sydney by night.

This is the last evening I have here. It's a wee bit sad thinking about it. I maybe might blog again tomorrow before i leave for the airport.

Till Tomorrow.

No comments: