Saturday, May 16, 2009

I have finally bought a new saddle, a Lazy boy as Edward calls it. It's bulky and wide in the back. Full of cushion and the ability to add compressed air to the padding. Lawrence thinks it's butt ugly but I DON'T CARE. My butt doesn't complain and my ride is that wee bit more pleasant.

Yesterday afternoon, almost immediately after morning shift, I took Low Rider out for a ride. met Edward at the gas station nearest the trail entrance. I needed some air in my back tyre. But my ride there wasn't without incidents. I now take a more direct route to the trail. Under the mrt tracks to the station, then round the back pass tampines 1, pass the library junction, thru sunplaza park. Now, just behind tampines one is a pedestrain crossing. i was on the road and not the pavement. So i had the same rights as normal traffic. the crossing was green in my favour but low and behold was this minah, talking on the phone and jaywalking. she stupidly stepped off the curb into my way, albeit there were no cars, she was still in the wrong. I shouted once to get her attention but she of course didn't hear me cos she had her phone glued to her ear. I slammed on the brakes. ans since i was moving at speed, i had to use both brakes to come to the complete halt just inches from her. She looked at me with that puzzled face before i 'fucked her upside-down' with otheres looking, she apologised and CONTINUED ACROSS THE ROAD!!!! She was still in the wrong. Then there was the second incident, of which this was whole my doing. On the path in the park, the rain started to get heavier so i decided to get to the block void decks before it really pours. also travelling at speed, I slowed down for a corner into a narrower path when i realised i wouldn't make the corner. So i tapped on the rear brakes expecting to slow down. i locked up and I was in a right hand slide. on the outside of the corner was a lamp post which I new i was destined to hit. I don't know what caused me to do what i did next, but i released the brakes and just started pedalling. I recovered from the slide and continued like it never happened. But by now my heart was pounding.

When i finally got to the gas station, i was lucky to be in one piece. And i hadn't been into the trail yet. When edwards finally met up with me, we both made our way into the trail. by now it's raining heavily, not pouring but enough. We decide to stop at the first shelter which is just when you enter. Since this was my first time there in the day, I found out that the first shelter is only a table and chair set WITHOUT a shelter. oops. Having sat for a while, we see this guy coasting in from the trail. He's a volounteer from YMCA leading a group of 30 into the trail. He had to abort cos his chain had broken. They had rented the bikes from pasir ris. He was later joined by his friend. HHOOOOOTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!! She had come round from the exit end. Deftly cycling with an umbrella. They stayed to chat with us for a while till the group came back out and they left. She volounteed to take the handicapped bike and said she would 'shimmy it back'. hhmmm.....

With that we went into the trail. alot of water and mud. nothing too drastic. one section it was narrow and muddy. alot of loose gear pedalling just to survive. It got us out to the same exit as the jungle trail. from there it was a bumpy coast back to the entrance. We then exited and went to L&T to meet up with Lawrence. spent about an hour there before Edward had a call from Mischa that Caitlin was having a coughing fit, so he rushed home. lawrence and I went back to the trail. by now it was dark. With national stadium lights ablazing (for me that is) we went in all the way to the jungle trail entrance where we split off. He went into the trail taht circumvents the jungle trail. I didn't want to do that muddy trail in the dark cos my legs were already spent, so i turned and decided to sprint out the same way I came in. Largely flatlands with gentle slopes, with some hard pedalling, I was going pretty fast. past 3 guys taking a leisurely walk in the dark with light sticks, wierd. Thought i would get out before lawrence since this route was shorter but the bitch was there waiting for me when i got there. We left and went to edwards place, getting some food on the way. Sat and relaxed there, smoked a bit till 0015 when we left.

Low Rider had a good workout today and so did it's owner. The results of the ride is evident below.

1 comment:

doomed_troll said...

i have to say it was a nice ride eh, after the rain stopped the weather was perfect