Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Took my first tumble from the bike this evening. tried to take on the ups and downs of the hilly trail and i think i passed on the down bit. Came off a rocky slope, thought i had enough speed to take the banking corner. apparently not. The trail itself is narrow. Lost control of the front end, came off the slope, spearheaded into the brush. I remember seeing the baking corner, then GREEN! I stuck out my left leg and of course the knee didn't hold. heard that all too familiar POP and I was rolling in pain. Lawrence came to get the bike off me. It hurt real bad. It took me a while to get over the pain. And whilst lying there and bending n straightening the leg, i heard a faint POP and i assume the knee went back in. It took some courage to attempt to stand cos if it was not fine, i could expect ALOT of pain when i put weight on the knee. I had assumed correctly. It was stiff but minimal pain. The bike too had suffered. The front brakes were shot. the handle bar was askew and i had picked up vegetation on my pedals. I was able to push it to flat terrain before trying to cycle the gentle slope back to the entrance. Made it with no further drama. Made the short but painful cycle to L&T to get my bike fixed. Francis said it could be fixed but he'll have to do it tomorrow. No worries. I sat a while. Lawrence bought me a 100plus. It was good, i held the cold can to my knee. it was more useful in the can than out of it at that moment. but when i got up, it hurt even worse. I hobbled to the kerb to get a cab home whilst they ( Edward, Lawrence, Raju ) went on to have dinner at Edward's area.

I'm now sitting at the PC, with my knee in the knee guard which i forgot to bring. I had rubbed some Yoko Yoko all over the joint. I hope it's not that bad or else MC tomorrow. which is not bad a thing. but alot of painful hobbling just to get it.

No comments: