Monday, August 11, 2008

8 MORE DAYS!!!!

Yes, that's all that's left till I hit Sydney. I'll be leaving on the 19th and returning on the 26th. yes i know it's short but that's all the company will release me for. damn them!

Bloody 'ell. it's been 10 long years since i set foot there. Although i have been downunder last year, Perth, it doesn't count. sydney is where i lay my hat. flying friends, cooking friend and partying friend, all whom i've set up to meet. Also, one of them would be celebratng her 23rd birthday when i'm there. that's one night that'll be taken care of. cirque du soleil's Dralion performance will also be in town during my stay and thus i'm GOING!!

It's good that i'm going alone. I don't have to conform my plans around anything. So, with the drinking night being friday and dralion being wednesday, that leaves me with thursday, whole, free. Thinking of taking the train up to katoomba, spend te day there. Visit 3 lovely ladies. take the vertical train down the side of the cliff. I haven't actually been there for a good 20 odd years. I know i even studied i sydney for a year and a half but then too i didn't go up there. only flew past it a couple hundrew times. I heard that if it gets cold enuf, yes i'm going in winter, and with any luck it just might snow. Yes snow. but my luck has to be damn good for of the full 3 months of winter, katoomba gets an average of 5 days of snow lasting no more than an hour each day. i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Saturday, maybe walk the city. darling harbour, the bridge, opera house, circular quay, take the boat to manly. i'll have wednesday and friday day to fill in too. but no plans yet. sunday morn. mass at mary's cathedral. then maybe spend the day with jan n lee.

ah well, that's all i have planned for now.

SO BLOODY EXCITED!!!!!!!!

No comments: