Sunday, August 17, 2008

Motorcycle Greats

Sometime last week i was doing duty in the QF lounge, this is what you do when your management is too damn compliant with the airline, when a passenger handed me the boarding pass below. I remember thinking, this name's familiar.... Then when I looked up, I was lost for words. There standing before me was Mic Doohan, 5 time world 500cc motorbike champion ( 5 times in a row), with his familiar smile. I asked if he was the man I thought he was and he confirmed it. I sneakily asked for his autograph and he pleasantly agreed.


And then just a couple days ago at the counter, this man turns up with his family. His long neck length hair is framing a lobster red face. My passenger mentions that that man is a famous tv guy back in england. So i look over and who do I see, Charley Boorman. He's the guy that teamed up with Ewan McGregor to ride motobikes the Long Way Round & the Long Way Down. The counter was pretty busy so I sent my minion to go seek him in the transit area for an autograph. The result is below.

No comments: